Microsoft's DALL-E AI image generation sees massive improvement

jesus christ, what were the prompts for those?

Tried to make a story here where Peach went foraging for mushrooms and ate one but then had a bad reaction. I noticed all AI art has a hard time showing someone actually eat something. It wasn’t exactly consistent on the style but whatever. Is there a limit to how long the prompt can be?

I had to specify “cutscene from a Mario video game” at the end because otherwise it would show what looked like a woman cosplaying as Princess Peach instead of the game’s art style.

prompt: “Princess Peach foraging for mushrooms in the forest, her stomach is growling with a speech bubble from her stomach that says “Grrrrr…”, she has both hands on her distended belly and looks concerned, speech bubble from her mouth saying “Uh oh…”, cutscene from a Mario video game”

prompt: “Princess Peach with a pregnant stomach in the forest surrounded by mushrooms, she has both hands on her stomach, her eyes are shocked, speech bubble from mouth saying “urrrrp!”, light green gas clouds coming out of her mouth, comic book panel”
I had to change it to “comic book panel” instead because for some reason it kept putting the gas clouds coming out of her stomach instead of her mouth despite me specifying “from mouth”.

it did the fart one well though

4 Likes

Oh dude! How did you get it to draw unbuttoned pants? I’ve tried so hard to get it to do that! I NEED to know the prompt!

1 Like

I think there’s got be a better way to express a burp than a billowing opaque cloud, it just ain’t it.

2 Likes

Yea, I’m wondering that too. The hazy cloud is a good start and simple but wondering what could be better? Burping itself is a set of actions/movements over a period of time so what we really need is animation. Which is hopefully only a few years away.

As for pics maybe we can take some ideas from the facial expression thread

1 Like

I’m really into expressive lips, like that wavy lip cartoonish effect. I personally prefer it over gas clouds specifically in the instance of burping, but AI art doesn’t understand at all when I try to describe the wavy lip effect, so gas clouds will have to do. Otherwise it looks like they’re just saying “Oh!” out loud or something.

2 Likes

Its really funny how Peach not eating the mushroom looks more suggestive.

2 Likes

“far shot, jill valentine with blue turtleneck and S.T.A.R.S beret from resident evil, sitting on her couch, mouth closed cheeks puffed out, confused look on her face comic art style”
here’s the prompt for the puffed cheek one. as obviously amazing as this thing is, it does have some very apparent limitations and annoyances at this stage. in terms of recognition of specific designs and logos it’s not close to an image search, but even with more vague terms like gestures it seems to struggle compared to bing. I actually was trying to continue the story with nemesis and it just didn’t have that design on file. Another weird thing is that it seems like it’s very easy for adjectives to contaminate prompts, when I was trying to get nemmy it instead gave me a generic monster that was an amalgam of Jill’s description.

3 Likes

Have you tried using synonymous (but potentially clearer) terms, like “rippling”?

I’m a fan of this as well and unfortunately its hard for the AI to grasp. I’m hoping once Dalle-3 fully launches we can do some image-to-image where you provide a base image that the prompt can start from.

Bro this is ground breaking wtf Lol

11 Likes

1 Like

One thing I’ve notice is it seems to struggle with supporting characters. I tried to write a prompt with Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach…
rangiku

and ended up with this (lol)

2 Likes

Yea from what I’ve seen, if its not a main lead it doesn’t have enough data or something. Again should be better once we can have image-to-image

1 Like

What character is this

Yeah! I eventually got it. Thanks though.

Here’s a general sexy one I generated:
Samus Aran wearing workout clothes taking a belfie in the bathroom mirror, digital art style

I wanted to try out different prompts with bellies.

Samus Aran wearing workout clothes taking a selfie in the bathroom mirror, she has a massive food baby, digital art style

Bryce Dallas Howard eating too much at Thanksgiving, she has a pregnant stomach, realistic photograph 1080p

Bryce Dallas Howard eating too much at Thanksgiving, she has a pregnant stomach, the button on her jeans popped off, realistic photograph 1080p

Samus Aran eating too much at Thanksgiving, she has a pregnant stomach, the button on her jeans popped off, realistic photograph 1080p

Samus Aran eating too much at Thanksgiving, she has a pregnant stomach, the button on her jeans popped off, realistic photograph 1080p

3 Likes

i’ve either been shadowbanned or they BLOCKED anything relating to these topics. to be expected

Yeah, DALLE-3 got a massive nerf recently. Lots of words and phrases just got blocked. Unfortunately current events might have played a factor in that. Fun while it lasted though.

1 Like

it’ll come again,

Which current events exactly? Sad it got nerfed? Do you know any words specifically?

1 Like