ADHD and Burping

I feel like some of the best burpers I have met have been diagnosed with ADHD or seem to have the symptoms of it. Anyone noticed this? Especially if it is not a sexual thing for them.

9 Likes

I can see that tbh. I have ADHD & I’m pretty good at burping lol

4 Likes

Well some ADHD people can act a bit quirky
and quirkiness related to the ability to burp :slight_smile:

1 Like

My girlfriend has ADHD and ever since i told her about my fetish her ability to burp has improved a lot.

3 Likes

I have ADHD and am a pretty good burper (I think), but unfortunately the other folks I know with ADHD don’t seem to be burpers or they manage to hold them back.

1 Like

I don’t think the two really affect each other.

3 Likes

I have ADHD and i burp pretty well. Never thought about correlating the 2

1 Like

Sooo I have ADHD, and I’m amazing at burping, have talked to a lot of other ADHD people with the fetish and often they are very good burpers.

My theory is basically; People with ADHD are often really good at learning new skills, as long as they can focus and keep up practice. But the focus and patience are a huge challenge with most things. However, if you’re practicing the thing you have a sexual fetish for, well, that’s an easy shortcut to the dopamine that your brain is often chasing, making it easier to consistently practice.

Just my layman’s theory.

2 Likes

It’s a very plausible theory!

I was too lazy to write a long reply, so I found a post with what I wanted to write, give or take.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ADHD/comments/g0wpo0/i_feel_like_were_attributing_too_many_symptoms/

2 Likes

One of those things, the sensory sensitivity (though I don’t experience it), is definitely directly attributed to neurodivergence though. I think it is interesting to pose a hypothesis and explore it.