AutoComper - A Program for Automatic Compilation Creation

Would it be possible for the program to also export the timestamps as a txt log with the corresponding videos and timestamps listed, especially after combining the input videos? I’ve been toying around with downloading a channel (particularly mukbang channels) and running all the videos through the comper but it would be nice to pinpoint where the burps came from in specific videos

3 Likes

That would be a god sent

Also is anyone else getting audio issues, when i view the file from my pc it has audio but unless I convert the output to a .mov it would not have any audio in final cut pro, davinci or inshot.

^agreed

Thanks for the program! Just a quick question though, is there a maximum amount of clips that AutoComper can process before freezing up/it stops working. I am currently trying to comp something with over 300 clips and it’s been “combining individual videos” for half a day now. I’m sure it’s just taking a long time because it’s a lot of stuff to process but I just want to make sure that I’m not doing something that the program is incapable of doing.

It be might your PC, its pretty resource intensive.

@bruppysnumbaonefan
@karagul
It’s been a bit longer than planned, but I finished up support for audio files and a txt log for the timestamps (@xdddv No URL support yet, still working on it. Sorry about that).

I haven’t tested the new release very much, so it’s listed as a prerelease on Github. You can download it here.

Please give it a try and let me know if there are any issues (which there probably are)!

@Burpingfiend There are definitely some issues, but only in certain editors (e.x. Premiere works fine, but Vegas doesn’t). I’ll look into the issue further (probably need to rework how the program combines/saves videos). In the mean time, I recommend using HandBrake to re-encode the videos, which usually fixes any issues for me.

@JohnSmith76 There is no hard limit, but it definitely struggles handling a ton of videos. The most I’ve ever had it comp was ~150 vids, and it took a while on my relatively fast computer. Unfortunately, there’s not much I can recommend to speed it up besides maybe moving your videos to an SSD if they’re not already on one.

1 Like

so would it be possible for you to give some additional insight into the 3 settings and recommendations? Is the program cpu or gpu bound? does it utilize free space on the ssd/hdd for processing or just ram? I have an i5 and 16gb of ram from a few years ago and the program basically freezes my computer for 2 hours if I give it any kind of long vid. is that expected?

The program only uses the CPU since I haven’t figured out how to package a python program that uses the GPU (yeah it’s bad but I’ll try and figure out GPU stuff at some point). It doesn’t use any storage space, so it’s entirely dependent on RAM + CPU.

I haven’t gotten any horrible freezing, but it definitely eats up a lot of memory for longer videos. The longest I’ve ever tried with it was a ~10 hour stream. The only setting that impacts performance is “block size”, which I would recommend turning way down for longer vids (maybe between 50-200 if you’re getting especially bad performance).

Also, make sure you re-download the latest build if you haven’t checked the github in a while. The first version I released didn’t properly use the block size value, so it was essentially processing as hard as possible no matter what block size you gave it.

Yeah and I have a 13900k and 64 gbs of ram and it gives my pc a run for its money id imagine on less recent pcs and less powerful cpus and less ram it might be a challenge @bruppysnumbaonefan

1 Like

the program seems like it has an issue with cutting clips off too early or something. here’s an example from today, you see it start in the second half. it catches when she gulps the air but cuts the burp right afterwards. I was using the default precision and confidence values.

2 Likes

I think I know what’s causing this. Can you check what framerate the input video has?

If you’re on windows, right click the video, click “Properties”, go to the “Details” tab, and tell me what it says in the “Frame rate” row.

Yup, from my testing the program annoyingly doesn’t like videos with strange frame rates. I’ll try and look into it when I have more time, but as a temporary fix you can try re-encoding the video at 30 fps with handbrake or something similar, then run the autocomper again. Sorry about the trouble!

thanks for the response. I’m curious if the nonstandard fps is typical of a tiktok live being download or if it’s something weird on my end, if the former it probably would be nice to come up with an option for it.

It’s a TikTok live downloader issue, it’s happened to me as well.

This tool looks so nice congrats dude

2 Likes

I put the precision to 1 and the blocks to 1200 and lowered the accuracy depending on how good their mic setup is and how clear the burps are. Seemed to help a bit. Still cuts off a few but not nearly as many. Timestamps would help a lot but i usually just find that spot in the video by studying the frame and the I add the uncut burp. Sometimes also it seems cut off, but its just like perfectly around the burp so it just seemed like u missed some.

Yeah some videos dont even attempt to render or scan