Burp or belch?

Which word do you prefer? Obviously this website is called the “burp fetish forums” and “burp” is more commonly said colloquially, but I like “belch” because it sounds more disgusting and gross. Some people will also tell you that a burp and a belch are two different things, the latter being bigger than the former. Curious what you guys think.

4 Likes

I agree with this. To me a burp is a smaller utterance, something likely done by accident, probably with a covered mouth or something; by contrast a “belch” is bigger and more crass, open mouth, more purposeful, etc.

4 Likes

Definitely belch! My mind associates the term belch with it being forced, on command, and longer than 2 or 3 seconds and can’t be airy. However, when it comes to burp talking, I prefer the belcher say burp while burp talking.

4 Likes

They’re synonymous imo but if you use the word “belch”, you just sound like an 80 year old grandma

Not exactly synonymous if you have such a strong negative connection to the word belch :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Meh, having a preference doesn’t change a definition. Some language just sounds outdated but I get what you mean

What I’m trying to get at with this post is that just because two words mean the same thing, they can carry different connotations and illicit different emotional reactions. I find both words sexually stimulating, but “belch” more so. I associate unabashed rudeness with it. A “burp” could be small or large, but a “belch”, to me at least, always denotes a huge release of gas. And that’s really hot lol.

3 Likes

I just use burp and belch as synonyms. I do like the word belch to describe a big, relieving, after meal burp. I like saying the word burp when I nearly do a burp but it goes back down again, so I just sigh and say “burp” out loud just like that lol. I have said the word belch before too, when I felt really full after a huge meal and a bit nauseous and felt a massive burp sitting in my chest, so I just said “belch!” out loud, in the hope that will encourage the belch to come out. Didn’t really work though, as burps/belches just come when they’re ready.

2 Likes

Belch pretty much always for me

3 Likes

Agreed. Belch is a far better word to convey the power and nastiness of a solid rip.

4 Likes

Also agreed. Belch is definitely grosser and denotes a bigger, nastier, more unabashed burp.

5 Likes