Burping Households vs Non-Burping Households

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8GqED9L/

Saw this TikTok and wanted to see what type of households everyone grew up in. I would say I grew up in a non-burping household. I can’t really burp, but none of my family does either. It seems like my mom doesn’t like burping tho.

15 Likes

interesting topic. I grew up in a non burping household, but I know how to burp on command. my family members (other than my younger brother) never really burp. but my best friend came from a burping household, but she doesn’t really like when other people burp, and her sister is crazy good at burping.

5 Likes

I come from a burping household. Burps were even allowed at the dinner table. I grew up hearing my mom, aunt, and cousins having burp offs, and I wonder if this formative to my fetish (though I believe repression is just as effective at fetish creation as exposure is). Even the people in my family who don’t burp don’t seem to mind, which is why I used to get so confuse when I would meet people who viscerally hated burping.

2 Likes

Non burping household here. Was a weird experience being with my first partner from a burping household. Sisters all burping around the house and my teenage hormones were going nuts.

4 Likes

I come, arguably, from a non-burping household. Personally, I do not burp (R-CPD, I suspect; I struggle). Some of my family members do burp openly and some do not. Growing up, it was generally seen as uncouth—as something neither to commend or condemn. There are members of my extended family who do have burping households (and some among them are quite talented with their gas). When I was very young, hearing others belch often made me fascinated or uncomfortable (clear signs of a budding fetish), and I have had many, many friends who could burp and belch to varying degrees and who all came from both sorts of households.

This is an excellent sort of topic and sometimes I wish we did more polls/surveys on this forum to better understand the diversity and/or trends in our experiences growing up and developing the fetish(es).

4 Likes

I don’t know what you would consider my household. I wouldn’t say a burping household because we didn’t go around doing it on a regular basis. But I wouldn’t say non- burping household, because that would mean we never burped in the house. We would burp, but only because we had to. Only from eating or drinking something, not to show off skills. And from one to ten…none of them were more than a five

1 Like

100 percent burping and farting household lol. Everyone including my mom let them fly lol.

3 Likes

I would say I come from a burping household. We wouldn’t rate burps or try and show off. But daily we would just let burps out loud, you didn’t get in trouble for burping. Normally my mom would burp and laugh and say excuse me. When id burp it was more of a damnnnn! My cousin would burp and taught me how to burp, when her friends would be over they would burp freely as well. So overall I would say I come from a burping household.

2 Likes

Knowing this makes your username even more suiting. :joy:

1 Like

Fair enough lol

Non-burping. But farts were always hilarious for some reason.

This is actually a great way to talk about burping with a girl and see if they do it.

2 Likes

I grew up in a non-burping household. I now live in a burping household with my wife. I didn’t take much persuasion to join in but she’s still the better burper having had years of practice in a burping household

3 Likes

My family was a non burping household, it was kind of like an unspoken rule (just for respect of others), but nobody ever got in trouble if it did happen (usually we would laugh lol). My moms side, however, is like a burp fest :joy: but she and her husband are alcoholics addicted to beer so that’s probably why :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes