Does Everyone Need To Make Customs?

Now before I start, this has been on my mind for a bit, and to be clear, I’m not calling out anyone in particular. Rant incoming. Recently, speaking to probably the past year and a half maybe, it feels like EVERYBODY and their mother has been making an OF or selling content through Instagram. Of course I’m not talking about established creators or ladies that deliver quality content, who let you know from the start what you’re getting. Many are in fact on this forum. I’m mainly talking about TikTokers. Setting aside just blatant scammers, a lot of women blow up by accident because this community just can’t control themselves, and see a quick buck. Justifiably so, but the problem is selling fetish content isn’t really something that can be done on the side. Depending on your popularity, you may have to dedicate every day to it, or 2-3 days a week, times that people who work or are in school aren’t willing to do. I could go on about crazy unrealistic prices, lack of communication, etc. but I’m not gonna waste my breath. Overall what is the communities thoughts on this? People need to make a living and money I get it, but does EVERYBODY have to start making content? Or maybe I’m just exaggerating

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. TikTok makes it too easy for creeps and idiots to engage with content creators. So any decent talent will immediately know folks are fapping to them and consequently stop or try and make money off it, which created a surplus of semi-pros who aren’t worth the money.

6 Likes

There’s only a handful of tiktok girls who are not aware of the fetish, burp often without being asked/ gifted and are actually really good at it. Most of these girls do it once or twice per stream and sometimes don’t stream for months. Even with the tools available atm you’re still putting in a lot of time to get enough content for a comp. At that point you might as well just pay for a custom, assuming time is important to you. And there’s also a chance for them to realize that it’s quite a lucrative business and put more content out as a result, which seems to happen more often than not lately.

As for your other points, as a content creator you can put as much time into it as you want depending on your life situation and priorities. You’re not required to do this full time. You can keep it as a side thing and be careful not to take more custom requests than you can deliver on in a reasonable timeframe, generally be transparent about your upload frequency/ streaming schedule, create affordable content etc. Or you can pump up the prices and sell to the few people that can afford it. Either way you’ll make money.

6 Likes

Agree with main points here. This is why I’d like to have some sort of central location to review people, respectfully of course. I just don’t have the time or desire to scour TikTok. But it would be nice, especially for paywall producers on OF who refuse to give even a three second sample.

2 Likes

I see your points, and overall that’s a great analysis, but my main thing is from the consumer standpoint. Like I love new content and exclusive content in this fetish as much as the next guy, but if you burp often on your lives or have made ONE video like 2 years ago that blew up because of people with the fetish I’m just not going to pay you for you services. No way. So that speaks to your point of inconsistent creators. I’d rather just forget them tbh them for them to waltz in and demand a crazy amount for like a 1 minute custom lol.