I gave up drinking, here's my story

I’ll start off by saying I’ve been a part of this community since incarnation and prior to that a member of all the various yahoo groups. This fetish was always a huge part of my day. I rarely went a day without thinking about or indulging in this fetish or any other fetish for that matter. I’ve been an alcoholic for about 10 years with the past 5 years going pretty far off the deep end. It was affecting my health in ways that really started to scare me. Truth is I have a wife and 7 year old son so this part of me has always been my skeleton in the closet which was part of the reason for drinking. I had a pretty alarming health issue arise earlier this year. I had frequently been getting mild nose bleeds which I had assumed were from always being dehydrated and researched that the liver is what helps form blood clots so my blood is basically not able to clot properly. I had a gusher of a bleed mid January and couldn’t get it stopped for almost 6 hours. I didn’t go to the ER or anything because I was ashamed, no one but my wife knows I had a problem.

I decided to try giving up drinking cold turkey. This was something I tried several times but only made it a week or so before starting back at it. Well, through much determination and help from a sober lifestyle app I am now 2 months sober and alcohol free. It has been life changing for the better. I feel better, sleeping better, and saving a shit ton of money. So why am I posting about this here? Because it did something else to me. I have had little to no desire to engage in any sexual fetish for the past month. I used to come to these forums daily, sometimes hourly. Now I find myself forgetting about this and log on maybe 2 or 3 times a week. I used to masturbate daily, and now it’s down to maybe once a week. I’ve been contemplating the pros and cons of this change in my mentality and I must say I am enjoying the freedom from this. I’m curious to know if any others have been through sobriety and what it did for you. On the flip side, if you struggle with alcohol or other mind altering drugs, let this be a glimpse into what could happen if you choose to sober up. For some I imagine they don’t want to lose this sexual part of their individuality but for me I needed it.

16 Likes

Thanks for posting this, congratulations on your sobriety.
I’ve been trying to quit alcohol (and pot) the past few months but it’s very easy to fall off the wagon when you have a bad day and your favorite bar is a block away. I’ll keep everything you’ve said in mind.

I wonder why sexuality would change too. Could they both have been ways to escape an underlying problem?

1 Like