Learning how to burp on command

I’m trying to figure out how to burp with air, without any soda. I swallow and swallow and swallow, but I barely do anything. Is this something about genetics or I just do something wrong? I’m ashamed that most people can do that, even smaller people than me…

2 Likes

I was struggling with this too for a long while. What helped me get a little progress was to force a burp out everytime i felt one coming. Then, once that becomes easier, try to suck in intsead of forcing it out. Might not work but worth a shot.

1 Like

I’m totally in the same boat as you. It kind of blows my mind how so many people are able to do it successfully the very first time they try as a kid, while I and other people have been trying to figure it out for years with no results. I really do wonder if some people just get lucky by using the correct muscles the first time they try and that people like us just haven’t figured it out yet, or if it’s something anatomical that allows some people to do it and others not :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I hope it is not the last one, then we are cursed forever…

1 Like

I recently learned a few months ago

2 Likes

Tell us how do you learn it though…

1 Like

I took a glass of water and chugged it taking extra gulps to get that air into my stomach.

2 Likes

Do you guys ever get tummy aches like it feels like a literal bubble ? Everytime I feel that way I try to fix my posture and flex my tummy in chin out and try to force it out.

1 Like

I’ve tried this.

I always thought it was the same as farting, but there some difference???

Similar in the sense that you have to like practice using the muscles to really do it loud lol

3 Likes

The problem I’m having sometimes is when I suck in air sometimes it doesnt come up,

Can you burp like this? :rofl::rofl:

Any one here who never burped grow up but learned how to burp when they got older, mind sharing thier experience?

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s anatomical since I learned it now!:grin: Finally!!

2 Likes

Me!

No way, congratulations then!! How did it happen?

How’d u do it?

Just swallow air like you’re drinking something and practice every day.

1 Like

Just swallow like you drink something. But still, it blows my mind how to do it loud and long and always since I only do short and not that loud and cannot do always(only sometimes loud) Please share experience of other people you know who know how to always burp and long and loud.