Losing My Writing Mojo - Help?!

So as you know (or not), I’ve done a fair amount of writing on this site. And I’ve had fun, but…
As of late, I’ve had a hard time actually writing shit. Not because I don’t have a plot, but because I just physically can’t make myself write anything.
Any advice?

1 Like

A break you say? Why?

1 Like

taking a temporary creative leave will help you get the juices flowing for your next project

3 Likes

Seek inspiration. It’s part of the process.

1 Like

Ah, those are all good ideas. Hmm, maybe after I finish this one story I’ll take a breather, ya? I doubt a lot of people will miss them, so it’s a win-win. XD

Do you mean to say you don’t have motivation?

I’m a SFW writer too. I have my whole real-life persona publishing my own work. Sometimes I just “don’t feel like writing” even though I have a plot and know exactly what I want to do with the story. I hardly ever get writer’s block. But what I do suffer from is a lack of motivation to just do it.

And sometimes it goes for months. You just gotta get into that feel again, whatever and however it is. Maybe you just need to get lost in other stories - video games, books, podcasts, movies, whatever. After a while, you just get hyped up again.

Funny enough, I never lose motivation for writing smut. I am always hyped up because I am turned on. The problem though was when I took on commissions and wrote stuff that I wasn’t wholly into or feeling. That’s an awful feeling. It’s like people somehow managed to take my favorite thing to do - write smut - and make me hate it. I stopped doing commissions indefinitely and just started writing whatever I feel like writing. It feelsgoodman.

1 Like

That’s it, mate. I don’t have the will to write. Quite frankly, I don’t have the will to read or do much of anything, which scares me if I’m being honest, cause that’s what helped me in the past.

I know exactly how you feel. I have been awful at reading lately too. As a writer, I think I should read “important” books like classics. But sometimes they just bog me down because the writing is too archaic and it ruins my interest in reading. I still have trouble letting go of this idea that I have to read certain books. I should just read what I feel like reading. No use in wasting time reading something you don’t like. I also think I have too much energy in me. I can’t sit still for long and want to play video games or run outside. I think you might want to redirect your energy elsewhere for a while, shake it off, and see how you feel about it later.

1 Like

Haha, I’ll tell you now; as long as a book isn’t shitty, it doesn’t matter what you read. Read. Just fecking read. :+1:
But you’re right. I need to get out. I need to find a hobby. I can do this. I can do -
:microbe:Bitch, haHA! You have no social life, no hobbies, and can’t go out of the house! :joy:
Oh shiiit…

This sounds like it could very well be executive dysfunction prompted by the extreme state of reality right now. I find that when I’m not feeling resourced to really get anything out that something which can be helpful is to not work on large intimidating projects and work on smaller projects that are just whatever is in alignment with intuition at the time. One thing that really helped was letting myself write/paint the things that I felt were too below me, removing my judgments about what was coming through me opened up a lot of space for things that included some really good stuff to come through.

2 Likes

I actually wrote a story in an attempt to let myself lose. (Not 100% sure how I feel about it, but fuck it.)
Not judging myself, huh? That’s definitely something I need to work on. :thinking:

1 Like

been there. usually i just stop for a few months and then one day it just jumps back into me and i push something out.

1 Like

Here’s to hoping that comes soon! :grin:

1 Like

yea! i’ve had tons of ideas, but getting them out of my head and onto the paper is difficult, lmao.

1 Like