My Journey to learning Inhale Method

So I recently just started trying to teach myself the inhale method. This is something I have never been able to perfect and with me posting more content I feel like the only way to improve my burps is to perfect the inhale.

I myself find this method to be more attractive when I watch others burp. It also seems other creators who are legit burpers have mastered this technique.

I just recently filmed my first video practicing this technique. I am able to get the inital clicking noise near the back of my throat but from that point is where I struggle. I just cant seem to get past that point and suck the air into my stomach.

I do feel like im ultra close and will continue my journey! But was hoping for some advice or help if anyone on here knows how to inhale. Any and all advice is welcome!

3 Likes

@Seanatheburpqueen is a master at this. Any advice, Seana?

Post your video! I’ll take a peek! Sounds like you’re half way there!

I don’t have advice for ya, but I will say keep up the good work! It sounds like you’ve got a solid grasp on how the inhale method works, which is probably the most important step. Just keep practicing it, and eventually you’ll find the best way to perform the inhale method. That’s how I managed it, though I’m not a content creator so I dunno how much my opinion matters :sweat_smile:

Oh, I do have one piece of advice: make sure your stomach is not too empty, nor too full. Too full, and the air can’t settle in your stomach. Too empty, and you could get yourself sick when sucking in air over and over again. It’s not fun, trust me.

1 Like

Best advice I’d recommend, studying the posture, face, mouth, neck and body motions of other inhalers.

Some common behaviors:

Twisting the head/neck to position the throat, making it easier for air to enter the esophagus.

Leaning forward a bit to let the stomach relax and hang more, making it easier for the diaphragm to create more of a suction while inhaling. You might prop your hands on the back of a chair while leaning.

You’re basically tricking your body into rerouting the air you breath in to flow into your esophagus down into your stomach, instead of into your lungs.

Most important, relax. Close you eyes. If you get distracted by failing, just relax again taking a few short breaths to calm down, then try again.

Don’t give up. It took me years to learn mostly because I fooled myself into thinking it wasn’t possible. After some advice from a friend (lean forward), I got determined to figure it out and finally succeeded after practicing for a few minutes.

Here are a few YouTube videos to reference:

There used to be a couple videos featuring a guy named sushi called The Real Rülps. He was very good at inhaling. Those might be in the belch google drive folder.

Best of luck to you!

2 Likes

Following up on this. I spent a little more time practicing and added another bit that makes it possible for me to inhale consistently now.

Mussolini2 in the video links I posted above tends to offset his jaw while his mouth is opened. It works very well to put the back of the throat in the right position to open the esophagus. Granted, it looks silly lol.

In my case, I focus on shifting my jaw outward to the right, then backward before breathing in. Works every time for me now! It might work best for others focusing on a left motion.

1 Like