Overwatch Lore

I was just playing Overwatch 2 and I was just curious if anybody who is familiar with the lineup has any headcanons on who the best burpers of the group would be? Or maybe even use an existing burping video to show what you think the characters burps would sound like.

For me, I love the idea of Tracer packing a surprising punch by being able to do huge airy and long burps on command, Brigitte being known for her bassy and manly burps, and obviously D.VA with her, albeit smaller, but frequent soda burps.

If I’m being more grounded in my approach, I’d imagine the top 3 burpers in the lineup so far would be Roadhog, Reinhardt, and Torbjörn, with a Junker Queen option. But I’d love to hear where you guys are coming from!

3 Likes

A few months ago, I asked EmissaryOfRainbows to make an Overwatch Lady Belch Tier List on Twitter, and he had some interesting opinions on the subject.
https://twitter.com/emirainbows/status/1527436992048513048

3 Likes

2:55 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No comment on the female heroes (sorry) but I’ve certainly imagined some of the guys burping before. Agreed that Roadhog would be at the top, bet he could make a window vibrate. Reaper would have super deep, rumbly belches, and Cassidy, oof… :hot_face: I feel like this man would both be extremely good and cocky as hell about his burps. We’ve all heard his “Oh excuse me” line, right? Totally says that verbatim after releasing a monster belch with a charming smirk. He also strikes me as the kind of guy who’d burp after taking a drag on his cigar and blow both it and the smoke in someone’s face. :rofl:

Those are my main picks, but I figure the Shimada brothers would be no slouches themselves; Genji’s probably gotten into contests before. And Reinhardt, well, he’s super loud in general lol. Soldier 76 seems like the type who’d muffle most of his burps behind his fist or mutter a “'Scuse me” if he did it loudly with others around.

2 Likes

I’ve always had a small crush on Brigitte not only because she is a cute healer but also because I’ve always thought of her as a great belcher. Shes traveled around with Reinhardt and I believe a part of his heavy drinking nature has rubbed off on her. The charismatic fun of Torbjorn definitely has to have rubbed off on Brigitte and I would argue Torb is the best male belcher as he can literally drink lava and belch fire as a party trick.

Brigitte also has a big appetite. The characters make a few comments on it sometimes if I remember correctly but I cant recall any specifics. She also has a spray of her eating a big feast which I love a lot because of the implications.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m the same, I find Brigitte arguably the most attractive because she has the most “wifey” qualities. I could totally see her settling down after a long day, having a big dinner with a beer and just letting the belches fly unapologetically.

Also I would like to add that I feel like Brigitte would let belches fly freely and loudly but will blush and apologize if someone shes not too familiar with heard it. However if she warms up to someone then she really doesn’t care.

Also these are the two sprays that fuels my imagination.
BrigitteSkalSpray

6 Likes

I’ll throw my vote in for D.Va as well, I always pictured her as a Twitch-like streamer that is still girly but has a tomboyish side to her (much like Beezy in ditto’s drive)

Haven’t seen anyone mention Pharah as well but I can see her burping extra loud at the dinner table and making Ana mad

Then of course there’s Zarya (my main :heart_eyes:). I don’t think she’s the best female belcher on the roster but she can absolutely hold her own with some super deep burps after putting down some alcohol.

7 Likes

So I made a doc and a tier list detailing my thoughts on the female characters of Overwatch burps. This is strictly headcanon with some evidence to support it and it was something I decided to do for fun but also because this discussion sparked the idea within me.

10 Likes

This is a fun read. I’m impressed by how much detail you put into the tier system.

4 Likes

I found another Overwatch Women Belching Tier List.

1 Like