Requesting general advice when it comes to burping

So I’ve been trying to get better at burping, because my burps are always super-airy (which I’m okay with, especially in public), and I’ve been wanting to ask some more experienced people about tips on how to make my burps longer/louder/bassier/etc. and possibly some definitions as well. I’ve read Phantom’s tutorial, but I should probably give it a deeper read or find the archived version, as that may have more advice than the one here. I also have some general questions like: What’s the difference between natural and artificial burps? How do people burp for such long times or lengthen their burps? What causes certain types of burps? What muscles am I supposed to stress to force out the burps stored in my esophagus?

tl;dr: Please teach me how to burp better! Looking for advice.

Just as I posted this I found a huge post about how to burp better, but I’m assuming everyone’s already using that and it’s absolutely huge, so perhaps some different takes may broaden our knowledge?

I’ll be honest, I can’t burp well. But, an artificial burp is when you make yourself burp, and a natural burp is when you burp without forcing it. Like when you eat or drink.

I’ve heard of methods to induce burps, but the only one I’ve mustered so far is adding more gas into my body. My burps do not exceed a couple of seconds though. I’ve tried taking deep breaths in as a way to “load” a burp, but that doesn’t seem to work.

It does take practice, I’ll tell you that much. :wink:

So sometimes gurgles ride up my throat, and I’m a bit curious whether or not my burp is lost when that happens, and if it is would there be a way to save my burp or prevent throat gurgles?

I’ve never heard of throat gurgles, so I’m not sure. Sorry mate. :sweat_smile:

Perhaps somebody will come across this and help a noob out.