Vent/story

I experienced something pretty odd/embarassing the other day I haven’t been able to shake off. I have a friend online that I play games with along with my irl bestie and we all hang out in party chat and talk, drink, smoke, whatever. the online friend, jack, burps a lot, which is great because I also have a bit of a crush on him lol. I genuinely don’t even know how to respond sometimes because I’m so stunned by the stuff he says.

there was one day he was burping like a lot, really loud, and he was joking around like “sorry I’m just a gassy guy/burpy boy” and he also said “I should enter like a competition”. everytime he burps he says excuse me, and asks “am I excused?” if no one says anything.

anyway, one day me and my bestie are drunk, and after jack burps she jokingly goes “I have a burp fetish”. YOU CAN IMAGINE MY SHOCK IN THAT MOMENT, especially because I’m like 50% sure I told her I am legit into that while we were drunkenly talking about our kinks a few years ago. guys I almost died :sob: and jack is super weirded out, laughs and goes “uhmm wtf??? I bet there is some guy out there that gets off on that, like oh yeah burp for me baby” and my bestie is like yep now will you stop burping and he’s like yeah.

I’m just conflicted cuz like… if she remembered i am into that why would she say that?? I just felt humiliated bc its like a lowkey diss if she does remember. I’m hoping that I didn’t tell her in the first place bc I honestly don’t know if i did or not, maybe I’m just paranoid, but it’s such a random thing to say. idk. it’s really frustrating being into stuff like this!! it’s also pretty annoying because i never know how to properly respond to burps or the topic of burping, I always kinda laugh it off or say nothing. and it’s worse when a guy likes you and actually feels bad about burping in front of you and apologizes excessively or tries to stifle them lol. wish I could shake them and tell them it’s fucking hot.

7 Likes

I suppose it’s a possibility but I doubt it. she recently told me she misses it just being us and she doesn’t ever flirt with him or anything

1 Like

I’m fine now, it’s not like I was outed or anything but yeah I’m hoping she wasn’t trying to make fun of me. I just laughed at their jokes and walked away to process wtf just happened :sob:

1 Like

the paranoia is realll. it’s like… do they know??? and then having to sit there and pretend like you’re not hurt lmao

1 Like

Aww man, I usually offer advice on different subject matters, and from what I’m ALWAYS told… it’s good advice. But in this case, as badly as I want to help u, I can’t, due to the fact that you don’t remember if u told her or not. Damn, I wish u remembered.

1 Like

I know, I’m kicking myself for not remembering either. I leaning towards that I did though, but it was so long ago and we were pretty fucking drunk. she’s never brought it up, so irdk

1 Like

I know this is likely not the case but maybe she said it like that to jack so that he would stop because she figured it might make him uncomfortable. It could be a lot simpler than you think you know. I hope for your sake that that’s what it was :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That really does suck. I know personally have never met anyone that has a burp fetish in person so I can’t really say what to do other than hope in a little bit he’ll forget that she said and will go back to his normal habits

2 Likes

he already has lmfao, like someone else said she probably was just trying to make him uncomfortable in a funny way. he knew she was just playing. still awkward for me thoughhh :grimacing: and I just needed to vent since ya’ll are the only ones who can understand haha

2 Likes

Typical guy behavior, but I feel your pain. I’ve actually been kinda feeling weird myself and this helps me want to open up rather than it building up inside me and killing me from the inside