When making comps

So this is a recent dilemma I came across while working on comps.
Is it better to cut straight to the burps and burps only, or include a bit of talking/context/voice of the burper?
Cause sometimes when someone burps often enough to make a compilation but the comps only last around 1 minute. But if I include the talking/context the gap between the burps becomes too long so it isn’t really … stimulating.
Seeking out advices from other comp makers.

5 Likes

Dude, I ask myself this very question all the time.

I think that supercuts (pure burps, nothing else) are okay but removing the context, lead up, or comments removes alot of the appeal of the act itself. Having a video of essentially continuous burping works in theory but to me it’s simply distilled into noise at that point. It’s almost as if the person burping is just a proxy for burping sounds and extracts alot of the appeal in my eyes. The sighs of relief, speech being interrupted, and reactions/comments add flavor to what’s happening and frames the action within a greater context, and thus adds appeal to me.

That being said, it can become too much when you’re actively waiting for something to happen or what’s being done or said isn’t related at all to burping. I shoot for roughly 1ish seconds of context before the burp hits and a moment or two after so it isn’t cut off abruptly. Additionally, I always add reactions, sighs, or direct comments about it too, because, again, I think it adds character and personalizes the video so it isn’t just burping sounds. Plus, as you mentioned above, it extends the comp too.

14 Likes

I prefer seeing the inhale, burp, and reaction, but if you find other parts stimulating then feel free to keep them in. They’re your comps, make them how you like them. There will always be someone who gripes about it, but that’s their problem not yours

1 Like

I try to include the burps and cut out anything unrelated or that goes on too long. I do like to include anything relating to the burp and any comments surrounding as well as the lead up. It really adds to the experience imo .

7 Likes

Nowadays I’ll include the inhale or some of the build up to it. But it’s a fairly recent thing i started doing with the PRH edits when I used to make them. Back when I was still making youtube videos I just tried going for rapid fire burps back to back but I guess times changed how I feel about edits.

2 Likes

I generally like to add inhales/ chugs/ comments in the beginning and edit the rest of the comp as just back to back burps but I’ll occasionally include very short comments/ speech in-between. Not too many though and if I add 2 seconds of speech the next 40-50 will be of just burps, because if they are too many I’ll feel like skipping the video and that defeats the purpose of a comp.

I’d rather not leave them out because they really add to the experience, for example if the streamer has deep burps but their voice is soft spoken or if they joke about blowing burps in someone’s face and then proceed to destroy the mic with one.

3 Likes

What are PRH edits?

Exactly, I think including context or sounds before the burps is amazinc

2 Likes

I’m a straight burps person, none of that other talking stuff. I’ll deal with it if it’s a very good comp of someone I like, but I really prefer just the burps themselves, even if there’s hot dialogue beforehand.

Oh sorry, The Park Ra Hee edits i used to make in the “asian girls” thread. I’am so used to calling her PRH that I didnt even think about giving context :joy:

1 Like

I like to include a bit of context if there is some before and after the burp, but not too much or too often. There should rarely be more than 3 to 5 seconds gaps in between burps. Usually context like them reacting to the burp or showing their personality a little so you get the feel of what tuning into their stream is like.
Where there is little context, I’ll just insert the next burp and make it more fast paced. I like to have as little dead space as possible. Some of the youtube comps where it’s apparent that the creator just thew together a bunch of clips without editing much of anything aren’t watchable too me. The burps will be like 7 to 15 seconds apart. Too much unnecessary content can hurt the comp but a little context here and there helps give it personality.
Also changing the pace up throughout the comp helps it stay interesting. A burp exactly every 3 seconds gets repetitive especially if the burps sound similar like with Alinity for example.
Can’t go wrong with fast paced comps with straight burps, but adding the right amount of context gives it a more intimate feel.

6 Likes

Also you have to take into consideration the reputation of the burper. Is she obnoxious when talking like Bricollette or AshleighGall? Then without question cut out every word she speaks.

1 Like

Yeah definitely lol

2 Likes

As a viewer, I always like to see the inhales/air swallowing before the burp, kinda catches the essence of how the burp came to be lol

1 Like

When I make comps I always cut out all the talking and even the inhales so I can just hear more or less continuous burping. The only time I may keep talking in is if they say something related to burping, but it’s really just personal preference as to what people want to see/hear in a comp. Also if you are only making a comp of one particular person then often they are short and not as stimulating, just depends on what source material you have to work with. Often I bring together source material from multiple girls and put them together into a single comp, I just fill it out with as many burps from as many girls I am interested in at the time until I am happy with the length.

1 Like

What apps and/or sites do you guys recommend for making your comps? I would be using an iPhone and Mac Computer. Thanks for any input.

Did you check out the tutorial I made? May help you to get started.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Ironically I saw all that right after I posted this. Go figure. Much appreciated!

1 Like

Hope it was able to help you out. :slight_smile:

1 Like