Least favorite words describing a belch

In responce to Favorite Words to Describe a Belch I want to know what words you don’t like to hear in burp writing.
I don’t like words like thunderous or deafening, they seem way too hyperbolic.

Even though some people like burps that are gurgly/wet I really don’t like words like “raunchy” and “chunky”. it’s probably just preference but whatever, it’s gross.

2 Likes

i love “thunderous”, “deafening”, “ear-splitting”, etc, like the character has no regard for others. my least favorite words are stuff like “small”, “puny”, “stifled”, “muffled”, “soft”, or words that imply the burp didn’t reach it’s full potential

1 Like

These would be my words if I had any disliked descriptors for burps.

Of course I think Puny isn’t a great word. It suggests that the burp not only is small, but almost “pathetic”. However, I feel like if I’m reading a fanfic and every burp is huge and monstrous it isn’t as fun or realistic. I think it’s good to sprinkle in some burps that are “suppressed” or with a closed mouth to add texture so its not just huge burps all the time.

1 Like

it depends on the character, i just think that its hotter for someone to not even make any attempt to suppress or stifle it

1 Like

“Wet” or any synonyms are kind of a turn off for me. “Smelly” / “stinky” too.

“stinky/smelly”

YUCK.

WE HATES IT.

2 Likes

I just dislike those words in general, to be honest. Even moreso when I’m intending to nut within the subsequent timeframe.