Favorite Words to Describe a Belch

So I’m working on a short story (shocker, I know), and it got me wondering:
What are some of your favorite words to describe a belch?
It could describe length, behavior of the belcher (technically, that’s not describing the burp, but whatever), sound, smell, texture… The list could go on.
So, for me, I like:
Bassy
Lazy
Crass
Crude
Raunchy
Smug
Chunky
Gurgly
Wet
:wink:

9 Likes

A good adjective for a belch should describe as many relevant aspects of it as possible, such as pitch, frequency, and taste, as well as covey the feelings that the belcher and other witnesses have in regards to it. For example:

1. Guttural
  2. Obscene
  3. Ghastly
  4. Eruptive
  5. Explosive
  6. Disruptive
  7. Repulsive
  8. Sour
  9. Bitter
  10. Meaty
  11. Beefy
  12. Strained
  13. Hot (Temperature, though attractive is also a good choice)
  14. Abyssmal (Deep)
  15. Grotesque
  16. Repugnant
  17. Putrid
  18. Fetid
  19. Deleterious (Smell)
  20. Acidic
  21. Corrosive
  22. Moist
  23. Damp
  24. Rich
  25. Sickly
  26. Rippling
  27. Humid
  28. Gale-like
  29. Ringing
  30. Echoing
  31. Deafening
  32. Roaring
  33. Polluting
  34. Lip-quaking
  35. Hair-ruffling
12 Likes

Shit, you’re a lot more descriptive than I am. :sweat_smile: I might have to use some of these!

1 Like

My favorite would probably be - beefy, hearty, gurgly, deep, bassy, guttural, lengthy or tasty (bc the idea of good tasting burps is hotter imo)

1 Like

And sexy

1 Like

Grand
Massive
Powerful
Reverberant
Mellifluous
Melodic
Resonant
Thunderous
Overwhelming
Colossal
Titanic
Terrifying
Divine
Apocalyptic

Gollum! Gollum!

2 Likes

Guttural
Beast(ly)
Growl(Ling)
Baritone
Bass(y)
Resonant
Sonorous
Reverberate(d)
Low-pitch(ed)
Gruff
Husky
Rumbling
Trembling
Resounding
Hefty
Heavy
Raspy
Gravelly
Hoarse
Thick
Grating
Harsh

2 Likes

Divine and apocalyptic? That’s a first. :thinking:

2 Likes

Primal! (one of my favorites that hasn’t been used)

1 Like

I like that one!

We uses them in a sentence:

“Cora’s belches are divine.”

“Sade’s belches are apocalyptic.”

Sounds fine to us!

2 Likes

Apocalyptic belches…
Fuck zombies, belches are the reason we’d fight for resources. I love it. :joy:

2 Likes

It’s great to see people share such a broad array of linguistic tools for exploring this satisfying topic. On the topic of apocalyptic, to my understanding there are a decent amount of different interpretations of apocalyptic, Merriam Webster has the second definition as: “something viewed as a prophetic revelation” prophetic belches are pretty awesome indeed. <3

As far as some of the adjectives, adverbs, etc. I use in exploring belch related topics that opp to mind at the moment:

(Classification type scale)
1 Huge
2 Enormous
3 Titanic
4 Leviathan
5 Gigantic
[alliteration section of scale]
6 Big
7 Behemoth
[other]
8 Hot
9 Wet
10 Humid
11 Entrancing
12 Assertive
13 Demanding
14 Satisfying
15 Eruptive
16 Powerful
17 Empowering
18 Enlightening
19 Beastly
20 Burbling
21 Gurgling
22 Groaning
23 Juicy
24 Beefy
25 Meaty
26 Well-fed
27 Expressive
28 Aggressive
29 Freeing
30 Relaxing
31 Distracting
32 Attractive
33 Alluring
34 Rapturous
35 Appetizing
36 Gassy
37 Bassy
38 Resonating
39 Rumbling
40 Loud
41 Long

4 Likes

Fucking fuck, y’all are really REALLY good at describing burps! Take over the fiction section for me!

1 Like

We live in an and world. There’s no need to restrict writing wonderful belch related fiction to any individual or group of individuals when we can all make content for the demographics that resonate with us in beautiful ways. Like I’m never going to write a piece that includes relatable anime teen boys belching cause it’s not my thing, but plenty of people adore that stuff and it would be a shame for them to lose a passionate creator making content that they can resonate with.

Also, I find most of my art time is invested in the visual side of things. Writing is something I appreciate, but I also know that my writing is not for everyone. I love tons of weird stuff like cultural advancement and vore and those are rarely desired together in one written piece by folks.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, that’s what most of my stories are, aren’t they? :joy::joy:

There’s also this post from the old forums about a burping alphabet. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QgHaY1a_kdX9PwyMukyoco4GAIcGiZAmvbZ-ASnwiiM/edit?usp=sharing

2 Likes

Satisfying
Relieving
Massive
Stomach-clearing (there was a book on Google Books I found that described a belch as a “stomach-clearing belch” or something like that. It was hot as fuck. I know I have the page somewhere. . .)
Rolling
Longest

4 Likes

Is it this? https://www.google.com/books/edition/Becky_Finds_Her_Way/xpsTa9z8jsAC?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq="Stomach+clearing"+belch&pg=PA50&printsec=frontcover

A girl I used to know described hers as violent. She was an exceptional belcher. But the first time I heard that term, instant you know what haha. But in all honesty, for me it’s hotter when a girl knows the “difference” between a burp and belch and knows she can belch. Nothing hotter to me.

1 Like