Should Piracy be allowed and why is the answer no?

over the past week or two have seen two groups been deleted due to links to piracy but should it be allowed? I would argue no as it steals money from those who have spent time and money working. Ethically it is wrong to steal but given certain circumstances theft such as shoplifting is seen as a victimless crime. Is piracy a victimless crime? should those who steal content face legal action? I am interested on people’s thoughts as sexual gratification in my opinion is not a justified reason to steal. if you can’t afford it then that’s a skill issue and you need to find cheaper content or find free non pirated content.

1 Like

Lol, what a time you chose to make this post. Right when masses of people come here to mourn the end of Kyrie’s telegram.

2 Likes

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to

7 Likes

I’m generally not against the idea of a group of any kind sharing content that’s freely available,or live compilations or whatnot,but the sharing of paid content has caused many models to stop in the past,and it’s not right to do,I really don’t understand what people get out of paying for something then redistributing it. And as someone who’s been selling stuff I’ve also found some of my customs uploaded to places without my permission,it’s really fucking disheartening and makes you wanna stop entirely

3 Likes

This is the first time I’m hearing of it being shut down and yes now the channel is private. Can anyone describe details about what happened/why?

I’ve read some studies about piracy in other areas where the restriction of piracy has minimal to no effect on sales. GOG for example releases completely DRM free piratable games but people are still buying Cyberpunk etc.

I would guess that models that appear on the scene start out strong and then sales decline simply due to the fact that people desire novelty. That essentially people are not going to keep buying the same video of the same person forever onwards. But that change gets blamed on piracy because that answer is more appealing.

Also we should definitely not call it ‘stealing’ and even ‘piracy’ is a stupid term. It’s copyright infringement.

3 Likes

but it is piracy and stealing from small businesses. there is a difference between small business and a huge game company. regardless of how hot your loins are it is not acceptable.

1 Like

That’s not how we differentiate it.
out

who is we? the united nations. call it whatever you want people are still losing money

Piracy is essentially illegally stealing or sharing files that you haven’t paid for. In the parlance of our times, we think of piracy as involving music and video files online.

This page summarises it pretty well if you’re interested.

1 Like

is it not stealing? it always feels like you are on the attack.

Remember, you’re comparing fetish models selling niche videos to games that sell millions of copies like cyberpunk.

If you insist on a comparing it to the gaming industry then comparing it to indie games is a better choice. I’m not too knowledgeable on the subject, but the damage from open unrestricted sharing might be more significant, and indie games are still on a market that is considerably larger than burping videos.

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, just that it’s worth looking into how it effects smaller markets as we might see different results.

Also, don’t forget that the gaming industry is so big that obtaining a free copy of almost any game is very easy, but on the other hand, finding a specific commercial burping video that you want for free is extremely difficult. Even with telegram, many people can’t get what they want, so even people who don’t feel like supporting a model resort to buying (and they usually won’t even share the videos so they could try and trade later). That’s not to say the groups didn’t make a lot of videos available. It goes to show that it might’ve been significant enough to directly interfere with models’ sales before that natural decline you mentioned even had a chance to begin.

Just things to consider.

4 Likes

If people are tired of models why are they begging on private groups to get their content for free? Ofc it affects models’ sales. Them complaining about it, is justified.

I came as fast as I could

9 Likes

I fucking love that, Can I use that? I will pay you in burps

1 Like

I was thinking about this the other day. How can i improve my content and stay relevant in this community so that i would want to keep up with my channel. Its definitely a delicate balance between being able to stay relevant and create a profitable market for yourself.

I think that piracy would matter overall if its affecting your income. I feel like a lot of the time piracy leads to fandom. Potentially bringing one direct to the source. But if its mass piracy of all content that is taking away from the income of the content creator, then thats too far. It really depends on the level of how much content is being shared in contrast to the amount of money made/lost. I view piracy is another form of underhanded marketing. But also, im still starting out in this…so maybe i dont have enough experience to actually add my opinion on the matter.

2 Likes

I would love to get the input from someone like Sade

@hotnspooky would you kindly help us with this?

1 Like

A lot of people found pastallama on that group for the first time immediately following an avalanche of her content made publicly available. She is a gem and well worth the price she sets whether or not she knows she lost out on a lot of potential revenue is sort of besides the point. This will affect the rate and quality of content she makes content in the future. I personally paid her $200 for the first video she ever took her top off and she was very reluctant. But because I did that, she became comfortable enough to start making topless videos more often (your welcome). I doubt a lot people were coming to her with the same offer at the time. (It was worth it to me because she was one of the OG’s. That kept me going in this fetish in the YouTube days.)
My point here being I don’t think that she would continue to make content if she was aware of the situation and furthermore, I doubt she would have ever been on the radar if someone wasn’t willing to pay up to begin with.

1 Like