Smell of burping irl puts me off

I’ve smelled them on two occasions and tasted one on one occasion

while I’m not sure how much I’d like experiencing it first hand(ok lets not kids ourselves I wouldn’t be complaining if it was from a cute girl) it’s kind of important conceptually, the smelly stomach gas component is part of what separates a burp from a completely innocuous function like sneezing, coughing, yawning that doesn’t really do anything for me, it’s part of the mild gross element of the stomach and digestion. also very TMI but the thought of every burp I’ve seen over the years having its own unique smell/taste or lack there of is intriguing, maybe she had a completely empty stomach and it was nothing or maybe she just ate pizza and it was overpowering.

2 Likes

I’d like to think the smell is part of the reason that makes it interesting, partially the gamble of it being a good or bad smell and the other part being the trigger of one of the main 5 senses. The only burp I recall smelling was when a girl right next to me let out a beer burp from a truly she was drinking. I wouldn’t say it was unpleasant but definitely had that alcohol taste to it. We were also in the backseat of a car so it was def more pronounced. I’d say overall I don’t like bad smells, specifically garbage cans and fishy stuff but luckily those aren’t too common from burping women. But I would say I’m always curious to smell something if someone is like, “Dude this fruit smells weird!” So in that sense always down to take the gamble.

This kinda ties into my philosophy of the burp fetish being something that really engages all our primary senses of sight (facial expression), hearing (sound signature), smell (based on food or stomach acid), taste (your own or from someone else), and feeling (relief after letting out a good one). Honestly pretty cool when you think about it.

3 Likes

If your breathe stank or you ate something that smells really weird or bad, it’s a no. Otherwise, I couldn’t care less. Like obviously dont eat tuna after not brushing for a day and blow that in my face, ew. But otherwise not really a problem for me.