Your favorite one-word description of a burp?

What is the one word that someone uses to describe their burps or gas or that gets you to watch a video or read a story or whatever?

For me, it’s ‘uncontrollable’, like, if someone writes about having uncontrollable burps then I am definitely interested.

(this may or may not be an attempt to make a burp descriptor thesaurus for my fiction writing lol…)

8 Likes

There was an “a to z” vocab list on the old forums. I bet @rockysavannah could hunt it down.

2 Likes

Nevermind, I found it!

This is from the old forum.
Abdominous

She thumped her belly with both hands. In reaction, it let out a long, rolling belch, its generous size transmuted into sound.

Brash

Glass after glass is drained, belch after belch bursts from her stomach. She will not be ignored.

Carnal

Belching, she can smell beef and grease. The scent makes her even hungrier.

Decadent

She spends freely, she eats magnificently, she belches royally.

Ebullient

Her burp was a joyful cry: Look at how alive I am, how full!

Fulsome

Round and quivering, she burps in reflex every time she is poked.

Guttural

She burps a short, deep exclamation point to emphasize her feelings on the matter.

Hiccuping

She is not used to wine. A glass too many and her stomach now leaps up in the middle of her words.

Imperious

The belch spoke of majesty. I am an empress, it said; I have consumed more than you can fathom.

Jocular

Mingled burps and giggles, one fueling the other.

Kinetic

Her burp was so thick, so solid, it could have knocked you over.

Luxuriant

She lay sprawled out, letting chocolate after chocolate melt on her tongue. She belched in a rich, velvety wave, her double chin creasing as her mouth opened to make her pleasure known.

Magnanimous

She is too generous not to share her satisfaction with her meal; it must be made known to others.

Naughty

She relishes the glares she receives whenever she cuts loose.

Oafish

She does not understand the strange looks that drift her way whenever she gives voice to her stomach.

Purring

Her burp was low and loving, a whisper of satisfaction.

Queasy

The rumbling burp spoke of too many meals eaten, too many mugs of beer consumed.

Resounding

A belch rolled across the landscape, her proclamation of fullness to all.

Suppressed

She rocked back and forth, body lurching every time she kept her gluttony to herself.

Tempestuous

Her stomach roiled in a storm. Each belch was a thunderclap.

Unabated

It stretched for what seemed like an eternity. She closed her eyes, losing herself in its power.

Voracious

She is utterly full, but every belch is an expression of how much more she has yet to devour.

Warm

A crackling fire, with an entire casserole resting in her stomach.

Xenial

As each course is cleared away, she belches her gratitude. It expresses what words cannot.

Yawning

She is fat, she is full, and she is sluggish. To mind her manners would take too much effort.

Zaftig

Well-fed and well-rounded, she has learned to put some extra sway into her walk every time she belches. The two feel connected, somehow.

11 Likes

This is actually really cool! Forgot about this. I’ll try to add some if I think of some good ones.

2 Likes

There’s also this thread.

4 Likes

I have to pick 2 words. “Can’t stop”

8 Likes

Rude

When I know a burger can get the tone as bright and loud as possible and repeat those perfect burps again and again, I am hooked!

6 Likes

Proud, manly, shameless.

7 Likes

I’d have to say GURGLY. That or WET always gets my attention

5 Likes

Massive!

6 Likes

Gotta be “uncontrollable” for me

4 Likes

Masterful or possibly Controlled

I’ve been thing about this for a bit now and this one made sense. I love a purposeful mastered ability in burping. Essentially being able to understand and control multiple aspects of any burp.

2 Likes

For some reason it’s ‘rumbler’ for me. It just encapsulates a good burp to me. How it rumbles up a chest, throat and into your mouth.

5 Likes

Monster.

5 Likes

I heard someone else use this word before and it’s always stuck in my memory: violent

6 Likes

When a girl says she’s “burpy”

5 Likes

Oh yeah. I think that is almost its own topic; best one-word descriptors for the burper to describe themself with lol.

1 Like

“Deep” :sunglasses:

9 Likes

I agree with you 100% with this one!

2 Likes

“oh my god”

2 Likes